Get full IAM functionality for your services
– we explain how.
We have designed different solutions to easily integrate both your legacy applications and your new ones.
The programming language of your apps…
… is a secondary consideration in the beginning. Because we have many adapters and use open source ones for Keycloak. Web API REST can be used to implement many functions and also to exchange data between the IAM system and connected apps.
An application written in Java can very easily be augmented with important IAM functions via the Java Security Model and Spring Security. For .NET, we maintain the Keycloak adapter ourselves.
Why do you need these add-ons?
Today, many face the challenge of ensuring highly granular access management. However, that can no longer provided with simple on-board tools. That is why we developed SecuRole®. With our libraries and packages, you can seamlessly add this functionality to your existing systems without making major changes.
Efficiency and security are easy to integrate
How to make integration a success
Use case 1 - legacy applications
- has its own user management
- has its own login
- does not support SAML or OIDC
- does not support the Keycloak adapter
- cannot be modified
Despite these hurdles, integration is still possible using a Keycloak gatekeeper proxy. This involves implementing the security concept and the required SAML / OIDC protocols.
Use case 2 - "SSO-ready" applications
- is SAML or OIDC compliant and integrates into an SSO environment
In this case, integration is simple. You register the application as a client in Keycloak and configure the adapter in the application.
A useful extension of this integration is highly granular authorisation management with Login-Master’s SecuRole® technology. For you as a web app operator, it greatly simplifies processes for authorisation assignment and compliance requirements.
Read more: Dynamic authorisation control with SecuRole®
Use case 3 - modern platform apps
- supports the OIDC adapter from Keycloak
As with Use Case 2, integration is easy. First, integrate the Keycloak adapter. Then, register the application as a client in Keycloak and configure it.
Just as in Use Case 2, we recommend extending your application with Dynamic Authorisation Control. This Keycloak extension offers you great convenience as it lets you administer permissions and roles for all users of your web applications more securely, easily and quickly. And you can even map complex cases, such as delegated administration, very easily.
Use case 4 - new applications
- is brand new
- or is currently in development
- is coded in Java or .NET
- and very likely has a specific adapter like the one for Keycloak
In this case, integration is quick and offers a maximum of innovative functions. You put another layer (SecuRole®) on top of the application for access management. This eliminates the need for local user management or provisioning of authorisations in the system.
For more information on Keycloak/SSO integrations, explore these links:
Follow this link for a general overview of Keycloak app integration: Securing applications and services guide
For all other IAM functionalities (consent management / GDPR compliance, user lifecycle, authorisation management, auditing, …), we will gladly explain how to integrate important IAM functions into your web apps.
Implementation projects, step by step:
- 3-point check to evaluate infrastructure and system landscape
- Product consultation
- Project planning and coordination
- Test systems / staging environment
- Definition of clients
- Integration of e-mail templates
- Adaptation / integration of GDPR declaration
- Seamless integration in existing apps
- Data synchronisation in subsequent systems
- Adjustment of look and feel according to customer needs
- Migration of user data and passwords
- Pre-production environment
- Administrative maintenance and configuration
- Adaptations during operation, e.g. maintenance / security patches
- Integration of new / additional apps within the operational IAM system
Login-Master – integration is always possible.
Choose the IAM functions you need and we will show you how to integrate them into your systems. Get in touch. Let’s get to know each other.